Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Back Again

I haven't posted to this blog since January, but it's time to come back to it. I got a little busy -- getting married. Even when you try to simplify things, there is no way to do a wedding that doesn't eat up all of your time, especially when combined with a magazine deadline.

I don't have a lot of time to write tonight, so just a quick summary. Penny and I went to the Yucatan and had a marriage ceremony on the beach at Playa del Carmen with a Mayan shaman. One of my stipulations for agreeing to getting married was that it had to be a Wiccan ceremony -- this was close enough to feel authentic, and there is no better way to do it than barefoot on the shores of the Caribbean. While there, the two of us and our Best Whatever, B.A., enjoyed a week at the Park Royal resort in Cozumel. Once in a lifetime sort of thing.

This, however, was not a legally recognized marriage, since doing that in Mexico involves jumping through a whole bunch of bureaucratic hoops and bribing about 20 or 30 people. So we did a courthouse ceremony in Urbana on May 25, followed by a big open house May 26 at our house in Champaign. We're just starting to recover now.

I may be married now, but I haven't lost my smartass attitude, my libertarian anarchist politix, my pagan religion, and all the other stuff likely to condemn me to dying in a concentration camp. So stay tuned. There will be lots more to come. Blessed Be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home